President of the Management Board and CEO of ABC Data S.A.
I have been involved in the financial and investment markets and companies from the technology and IT sectors for 25 years. Finances and IT are the two areas which are obligatory components of every company on the market, regardless of specialization. Observing the developments in the global economy and technology, and translating them into business on the ground are not only important elements of my professional life but indeed my true passion. I have many reflections on this matter and that is why I have decided to share some of them with you.
Although I am a financier, I do not like set patterns in my thinking and my actions, as I do not like to follow the beaten track. I break stereotypes, for instance the assumption that a petite blonde cannot be associated with the financial world of big corporations, the IT sector and the male world of investment funds and technology.
My life, however, is not just about finance, IT and company management. It is my passion for travelling to exotic places: always independently and actively to see and taste as much as possible. When on the move, I can relax and forget about the world of finance.
From 1 January 2015, I am the President of the Management Board and CEO of ABC Data S.A., the largest company in the IT sector and among the IT distribution companies on the Polish market according to the TOP200 rating run by the ComputerWorld. In the years 2012-2014, I was the Vice-Chairman of this Company. I was also an Investment partner in the MCI Group.
Previously, I was the Vice-Chairman of Sygnity S.A. and the financial director of Sage Sp. z o.o. where I was in charge of the strategic and operational management of the group finances in Poland. I held a managerial position in the financial department of the Alcatel Group, and after the Alcatel-Lucent merger, I held the position of financial manager responsible for the unification of the financial policies of the merged companies in Poland as well as for their consolidation. Prior to that, I worked for Telekomunikacja Polska S.A. where I was involved in the creation of development and investment plans, and at Bank Handlowy in Warsaw S.A.
I was the Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Sygnity Europe sp. z o.o., Vice Chairman of the Board of Max Elektronik S.A. and a member of the Board of Winuel S.A., PB Polsoft sp. z o.o. and Sygnity Technology sp. z o.o. I am currently a member of the Board of MCI Capital TFI SA.
I am a graduate of the Faculty of Economic Sciences and Management at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń.
I am involved in activities of business and financial organisations. Since 2003, I have been a member of the international ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) organisation; in 2010-2013, I was the President of ACCA in Poland and a member of the Corporate Reporting Global Forum. I was a project leader while, simultaneously, I co-authored the Good Practices of the Audit Committee in Poland.
I am proud to say that I was awarded numerous titles in business rankings, including:
- in 2011, I was on the list of Rising Stars of the business Polish daily Rzeczpospolita among 10 women who are making a great career within the Polish economy
- in 2015, I took 25th place among the 50 Most Influential Women in Poland according to the Home & Market
- in 2015, I was recognized by Gazeta Finansowa as one of the 25 Most Valuable Women in Business
- in 2016, I took the 19th position in the ranking of 50 Most Influential Women in Poland, according to Home&Market
- in February 2016 I was awarded “Man of the Year 2015” by the publishers of the Mobility magazine at the “Mobility Trends 2015” Gala
- in June 2016 I was awarded “IT Market Personality of the Year 2015” by the opinion-making CRN magazine
- in October 2016, I was on “Pearls of Polish Business 2016” list
- in February 2017, I took 21st place among the 50 Most Influential Women in Poland by Home & Market magazine
- also in May 2017 I was awarded IT Woman of the Year 2017
In April 2018 I was speaker at the Global Summit of Women in Sydney, where I lectured about developing a global career path to leadership. You can find my presentation below or just click the title: “Cultural Intelligence for the Global Businesswoman”.
In May 2017 I was speaker at the Global Summit of Women in Tokyo, where I lectured about global leadership and GQ (Global Intelligence) see my presentation “Overcome limits. Break stereotypes.”